Beds are meant to provide you with a restful and relaxing night’s sleep. However, if the mattress is old and out of shape, it can be quite uncomfortable. Often, hospital patients suffer from conditions which affect their health and sleep. There are also patients with restricted mobility who suffer from extensive injuries. Both these patients are more at risk of developing bedsores and pressure wounds when their mattresses are not the type they need.
In such cases, medical air mattresses are the best to help the patient get proper rest without causing any damage to skin or back. Hence, if anyone is suffering from medical conditions which require laying down for long hours, consider a medical air mattress for them.
You may have heard of the air mattress, but today you will come across some exciting benefits of the modern medical air mattress. These mattresses offer innovative features which help millions of people to sleep more fitfully. Many hospitals prefer medical air mattresses for their patients over therapeutic or pressure prevention mattresses, and here are just a few reasons why.
Medical Air Mattress Benefits
- Improved Blood Circulation: Air mattresses allow for better blood circulation and pressure relief to the patient sleeping on it. Moreover, since it is possible to change pressure points by shifting the position of the one sleeping on it, an air mattress always provides a fresh feel to the patient.
- Alternate Pressure Points: Medical air mattresses allow the patient’s body to move comfortably. Since it is possible to shift the pressure points so that the individual’s body is in motion, it is much less likely that a patient who utilizes an air mattress will get sore skin or painful bedsores.
- Low-Air Loss Technology: The manufacturers of Medical Air mattresses imbue their products with the latest technology. Their mattresses have hundreds of air holes, which allow for tiny amounts of air to escape. This “air leak” leaves the patient feeling like he is floating in the air, and also keeps him cool while sleeping.
- Convenience: Medical Air Mattresses can be used for both hospital and home care. These mattresses are more comfortable and easier to use in comparison to other heavy mattresses.
Other Medical Air Mattress Features
- Programmable Air Control Pump: You can manually control the pressure of this air mattress using the air pump which comes with it. Pressure can be increased or decreased at a any section of the mattress to suit any specific patient’s personal needs, thereby ensuring there isn’t excessive pressure on any particular pressure point.
- Hospital Standards: Medical air mattresses are created using the latest technology, and meet hospital standards, which points to their quality makeup. Aside from being used in hospitals, if a patient is living at home, these mattresses can give them the right care and comfort.
- Fire Proof: As this mattress is intended for people suffering from health concerns, the materials used in making the mattresses is fireproof to avoid any hazardous conditions.
Technology gets better by the day, and the medical industry specifically is evolving at a rapid pace. There are many innovative products for people who are facing challenges with their health. For instance, mobility wheelchairs, mattress overlays, and many other items provide support to the elderly and injured in society. Medical air mattresses are perhaps the best option for paralyzed or ICU patients and it is also perfect in homes with seniors who suffer from back problems or pressure joint issues. To learn more about standard air mattresses, check out this Air Mattress Guide.